Lisa Kaplan Gordon is an award-winning writer, reporter and video producer who has earned two Pulitzer Prize nominations and three National Headliners Awards.
- Two Pulitzer Prize nominations. Three-time winner of the National Headliners Award for Consistently Excellent Feature Writing.
- Health and Parenting writer for Yahoo!
- Personal finance writer for AOL’s Daily Finance and Goal Investor.
- Celebrity real estate reporter/writer AOL Real Estate and Yahoo!
- Video producer, writer and on-camera talent.
- Content provider for AOL, Care2.com, HouseLogic.com, AARP.org, Popular Mechanics, Consumer Chronicle. Freelance writer for Washingtonian Magazine, Redbook Magazine, USA Today, Us Weekly.
- Adjunct Journalism Instructor, State University of New York at Purchase, New York; Fairfield University, Connecticut.
Take a look at Lisa Kaplan Gordon's online portfolio of stories.
Gordon has written, produced and starred in weekly video reviews of As Seen On TV products for AOL. Her reviews were frequently featured on AOL's Welcome Screen and have received more than 10 million page views.
Swivel Sweeper Shoedini NuWave Oven Pro
Gordon also has made videos for HouseLogic.com and the Consumer Chronicle. Take a look at her video: How to Help a Snake Slither Out of Your Home.
Gordon was a principal blogger for HouseLogic.com and worked for the Gannett Company for 20 years as a national features writer, Homes editor and entertainment columnist. During her freelance career, Gordon's work has appeared in such national outlets as USA Today, Washingtonian Magazine and Redbook Magazine.
Gordon's areas of expertise include:
- Real estate
- Home improvement
- Home maintenance
- Cultural trends
- Human interest stories
- Celebrity profiles
- ADHD and other learning disabilities
- Home construction and renovation
Gordon is author of “29 Ways to Write Anything Better,” an E-guide to better writing. She is creator and instructor of POWER WRITING, a corporate seminar and class she has conducted for The National Conference of State Legislatures, Center for Science in the Public Interest and Greer Margolis Mitchell Burns Agency.
Gordon has taught writing and journalism at Fairfield University in Connecticut and at the State University of New York at Purchase. She also works as a private writing coach for children, adults and corporations. She lives in Northern Virginia with her husband, investigative reporter Greg Gordon, and their son, Ben.
Gordon offers the following services:
- Reporting and writing news and feature stories for print and online media.
- Corporate training in writing.
- Private coaching.